Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Loving the New Year

Happy New Year, everyone!

I know I've been gone for a while, sad times :( But I'm excited to be back in Blog Land!

It's 2013, can you believe it? We all survived the 21st--the Mayans were wrong, thank goodness.

I woke up this morning gushing with gratefulness for everything in my life. Even though I've recently had a few trials (some of them self-inflicted, unfortunately), I am so blessed I can hardly stand it. Even in the midst of my trials, I am surrounded by favor and goodness!

2013, for me, is the year of love. My resolution is simply this: to love. To love my family more (and make sure they know it), to love my friends old and new, to love my students more (is that possible?), to love myself more (and allow myself, therefore, to be unapologetically imperfect), to rest in the amazing love of God, and to spend more time doing what I love (which is part of why I'm back on Blogger -- I love to write!).

 Many people have a resolution, a theme, a goal this year. Mine is just to fill the year with love. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment